Thursday, April 19, 2007

Skyline shots at night with Grid

No, unfortunately I'm not posting any new incredible shots that haven't already been, but rather asking for more. I've done a fair share of searches on Google, Ask Jeeves and Alta Vista but have found none comparable to the one below, the one that completely blew my imagination away.

I'm pretty dissapointed in myself, because although I'm planning on making a trip sometime in March or April of next year, I've been to NYC four times in the last four years and have never been to Chicago in my life. I always knew Chicago was one of the major cities in the world with a world class and dominating skyline, but among the many pics posted in the Windy City thread, none impressed me more than this one just a couple days ago. It made Chicago the most impressive city sprawl and skyline I've ever seen in my life without actually having been there. A true metropolis, so insane with such skyscraping giants that it looks like something out of the "Corouscant" city in the last three Star Wars films. I especially like how the big three (JHC, Aon Center and Sears) anchor the north, central and southern ends of it. Although Manhattan has the canyons, you've got five buildings in Chicago that are over 300 meters tall, that's a feat Hong Kong just accomplished this year with the Nina Tower. Never seen anything more imposing than the combination of the Sears, Aon and JHC.

So please, if anybody has any pics even close, post them. Whether they are shot closer and more focused on the skyscrapers or even farther away with an ever bigger view of the entire cityscape, it doesn't matter.

Can't wait to visit. What a great city!

>

0 comments: