Friday, April 27, 2007

Should Chicago have its own Info Portal?

Well, probably yes, Better yet, should we actually make one?

Kind of comes at a random time, but I saw how NYC's portal became public today (or at least mentioned in the forums) and I always wondered why we never created one (unless we did and I don't know about it, then disregard all of this). I mean, smaller cities with fewer existing buildings and U/C or proposals have their own, so why not us?

I guess the first questions would be
1) Do we want or need one?
2) Do we have people that are willing to spend time on it or actually have the skills to make it happen?

If yes to the above, what do we need?
-People who are willing to lend use of their panos, pictures, construction updates
-Fact finders
-News updates

Feel free to comment, suggest and add, share your opinion, tell me if this has been discussed lately, which I don't think it has, etc.>

0 comments: