Thursday, April 26, 2007

Metra Star Line Feedback

What do you think of the Metra Star Line? I may be in the minority, but I disagree with it. The suburbs simply aren't dense enough to have a suburb to suburb line. The only thing the line is good for in my opinion, is getting west suburbanites to O'Hare. I personally do not think there should be a line just for this purpose.

In my opinion, put this money to CTA extensions, or even the completion of the Elgin O'Hare Expressway. In my opinion, the Elgin O'Hare Expressway would be better for the area given the density and the fact that it would provide a western access road. Possibly the Elgin O'Hare Expressway and I-190 could connect to form one long expressway. People are going to disagree with me on this; however, I think the Star Line is a huge waste of money given the lack of revenue generators and low density of the service area.
What are people's thoughts on this topic?>

0 comments: