Thursday, April 26, 2007

Chicago DUI help! Advice PLEASE!

First of all, thanks in advance to anyone who took the time to read this and possibily reply. Anyhow to make a long story short, I got a DUI last weekend and I have many options in terms of how I want to take care of this. Obviously I need a lawyer, but there are so many options out there that I need some advice from anyone that has gotten a DUI in the city as well.

Keep in mind I have never had a DUI before and my driving record is fine, as well as never having a felony or serious crime on my record.

1) Does it really matter how much to pay for a DUI attorney? The price ranges from 6k to under 1k depending on the attorney, obviously this is a serious matter and it's a possible felony, but since I've never had a dui and have a clean record as stated above, won't any DUI lawyer who specializes in this be fine? From what I understand the procedure is pretty straightforward and I had a friend that paid 5-6k for a top lawyer and was dissapointed with his efforts and thought it was a waste of money. Obviously in life you most often get what you paid for, but why shouldnt I just pay for the budget (under 1k) attorney as opposted to the upper scale ones?

2) anyone have any good experiences with DUI attorneys? Feel free to drop a name and how much you paid.

3) Please also feel free to chime in on best case/worst case senario's, I know sometimes community service and or educational videos are required, I'm pretty ignorant on this situation so any advice or commentary is much appreciated.

THANKS!!!>

0 comments: