Thursday, April 26, 2007

Batman Begins

So, I definitely saw the midnight showing of this. Amazing film. Totally saves the franchise, I had faith in Christopher Nolan, but he totally exceeded my expectations. Added so much depth to the characters, weaved an amazing world, and brought to life my favorite villain (Scarecrow), who, as in the old animated series, proceeded to scare the bejeezus out of me.

HOWEVER, this is a Chicago forum. It was mentioned back that there was filming in Chicago done for this movie. As the movie began playing, I thought it would be, at best, just a minor backdrop. But holy crap! You get to see so much of the city, and eventually, significant aspects of the city (Lower Wacker, the Chicago River, the many Bridges) play roles in the movie. Without Chicago, the movie just wouldn't be the same.

I definitely had some fun pointing out as many buildings as I could. (It was a nice surprise to see buildings like the Donnely building soar by in the opening monorail scene.) Ah, Gotham has gone from being NYC to Chicago. Yay second city!>

0 comments: