Saturday, May 5, 2007

Would a posh highrise mega-hotel make sense in Central Station?

Just a thread in response to an article I think posted by wickedestcity in the Chicago economy thread. The article concenred Chicago's emergence as a number 1 market for hotel investment opportunity etc.

To read article go to Chicago economic thread.

Anyhow it got me thinking ....would a newly proposed highrise say 800 - 1000 ft or so megahotel make sense in Central Station or nearby. I mean it is close to McCormick place and the museum campusa and not too far from shopping on State St.

Is the mag mile too much a a draw that hotels only make sense in close proximity to it? Or can state even ever again compete?

I just think with its proximity to McCormick and museum campus and still not too far from Millenium Park as well as State St it is at least worth a consideration.

I for one would love to see a 1000fter in Central Station, but that's becasue I am weird and like tall building

thoughts?>

0 comments: