Saturday, April 28, 2007

so what if cta and metra combined?

I have to say I really enjoy lurking on other borads..esp this one
and i've found out alot about your city by doing so

one thing that interested me was the fact that metra and the cta weren't combined in one union like say the Mta here in ny

if these two agencies were to combine how would it effect the whole chicagoland reigon? would parts of metra be converted to heavy-rail/hybrid (is metra heavy rail?) withing city limits?

would the cta still be cash strapped like it is? and how would the rehabilitation projects go?..better yet how could the cta and metra further integrate their systems (if combined under one umbrella)

I'm looking at this as an outsider..but I think if this union would ever happen something like city ticket (its an pilot/expermiental program here in ny where you can ride lirr/met north for like 2.50 within city limits) would serve the city residents well..especially if it werent a pilot/experimental program.


I dunno i'm just curious, and curious to hear thoughts>

0 comments: