Saturday, April 28, 2007

Periodic Loewenberg bashing

I don't think there is ever an inappropriate place or time to stop calling this man what he is. Since its obvious he only cares about money and not reputation, then he can have his money, but he deserves every reputational cost that anyone can inflict.

OK, I'm a little off my rocker at 3:00 in the morning, but I looked Jimmy up in the whitepages.com and found a James Loewenberg at 179 E Lake Shore Drive. What a convenient location -- from here, he doesn't have to look at any of the projects for which he has "served as architect" which is quite a feat, considering how prolific he is, judging from the website.

I noticed on the website that he often doesn't lie. He says he "served as architect" on the project, a very passive way of describing his role. That's more honest than saying he "designed" the project. To say that he designed anything is stretching the definition of the verb.

At least he is consistent in his work. No project outshines any other. Before I looked at the website, I assumed One Superior Place was the worst, and in some ways it is the worst only in the sense that its hideousness is multiplied by how large it is. But the hideousness is constant.

Look at this lug.



Could you imagine a more hideous building? Why did the developer even hire an architect? ARRGGGGH makes me mad. Someone who lives in Chicago should stage a protest in front of Loewenberg's office.>

0 comments: