Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Janus faced Chicago: Nort'ciders & Sout'ciders unite!

I was perusing the Chicago by me thread by Krychko sp???? ( sorry if I mispelled it) ( and by the way super awesome!) and was struck w/ a strange sensation.........

There was my city .....that wasn't my city......I obviously recognized CHicago but it was strangely unfamiliar

I am a northsider have been my whole life ( Rogers Park, Uptown, Ravenswood, Rogers PArk).....so I am intimatley familiar w/ viewing the skyline from the norhtern angles

I have several friends from the southside....mostly from around midway....so I have spent a good amount of time downthere......but yet the southern angles of the skyline in Krychko's posts shook me w/ unfamiliarality

I though how appropriate....Chicago traditionally is divided north / south....and here I am confronted that janus faced reality as symbolized by our skyline.

I wonder has anyone else felt this sensation?......how does it affect your perception of priority in the skyline.......how does it affect your perception of chicago in general.......or am I just off my rocker and should just go jump in the lakle?>

0 comments: