Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Chicago--why no boutique hotels?

Whenever I stay in NYC I stay in boutique hotels to save money. Generally they are older graystone/brownstone buildings that have been converted to hotels (usually not a part of a chain) that have cool designer rooms and rather interesting brands of soap and lotion from London, etc.

Chicago has some of the world's greatest hotels, but most of them are downtown and I generally see them as grand developments in huge highrises.

Chicago doesn't really do anything small, does it? Thus the "make no small plans"

But small wouldn't hurt here. There are still plenty of brownstone/graystone type buildings both in the east loop, west loop. and River North. And don't even get me started on Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Bucktown, Uptown, Edgewater, Bronzeville, Kenwood, Hyde Park, etc.

A few more hotel options would be a good idea, if you ask me>

0 comments: