Tuesday, May 1, 2007

It's great to be back!

After a painful layover in Atlanta (which seems to me the WRONG direction for a trip to be going from Dallas to Chicago), and a liesurely cab ride along Garfield Blvd from Midway to Hyde Park, I've finally settled back into home (Hitchcock Hall). My new room (a suite on the top floor of the building) has a wonderful view of downtown, especially at night when the sears tower glistens magnificently. Unfortunately, I haven't managed to salvage time to go hit Millenium Park, but I've done (amidst my frantic oh-my-god-I-can't-find-my-network-cables-must-go-to-office-depot) aLOT of reacquainting with the Hyde Park area.

I should be getting a digital camera relatively soon, and following will be some expeditions around the less-photographed areas south of Cermak Rd., including (but not limited to) Hyde Park, Woodlawn, Chatham, Burnside, South Shore, Washington Park.

But in short, it's GREAT to be back! Currently awesome weather (though I wish it were warmer to head to the beach), the feel of the city, even the ruckus of car horns, sirens, and busses when I try to go to sleep. Mmm... first night I slept well.

And the incoming first-years to Hitchcock Hall are all super-cool. Makes me feel old being a second-year. But ah well, so goes life.>

0 comments: