Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Architectural criticisms

Well, we have plenty of threads about new construction and developments in Chicago. I thought I would start a thread regarding developments that have already been completed. What do you guys think about them? I think we should focus on the more recently completed developments.

Let's start with 400 N LaSalle. I was looking at that on the web, and I haven't last seen it since it was finished. It's another boring, bland concrete highrise, but I like how it looks at street level. How is the landscaping of the plaza?

Last I checked, it had some ground-level retail for lease. That's always promising.

My big complaint is the parking garage. I've never been a fan of stand-alone garages downtown. The least they could do is have ground-level commercial in the garage, but it doesn't appear to provide that, unless I'm wrong.

Overall assessment: Good for LaSalle, average gain for the skyline (provides bulk), but not anything special. I give it a C>

0 comments: