Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Indy-Chicago unconnected?

So I have kind of noticed that Chicago feels very connected to cities like Milwaukee, Madison, St. Louis but for some reason Indianapolis does not feel as connected to Chicago as those other cities. I mean I don't know how it feels on the other side in Indianapolis, but for some reason you hear so much more from St. Louis, Milwaukee, and Madison than you do from Indy, which is the second largest city from the cities that I have mentioned after Chicago. Now with the SuperBowl they feel closer, but other than that, I always felt that Indianapolis was like as far as Columbus or Cleveland. It doesn't feel like it's in the three hour drive radius that Milwaukee and Madison are in. I don't know, does anybody ever feel this? There seems to be no relationship at all with Chicago and Indianapolis, yet Indy is fairly large and very close to Chicago? If you agree what do you think are some factors that cause it? Is it that there is barely any urbanization between Indy and Chicago, as opposed to the density that fills the gap Milwaukee and Chicago?>

0 comments: