Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'm sick of being broke, let's just sell everything

Hello all, been a while since I posted here, but the recent news of Midway airport being up for sale got my head churning.

I'm tired of Chicago having a third world transportation system. I want CTA to double its lines and capacity and speed them up, I want airport express trains, midwest high speed rail, a domed stadium, more parks, better schools, crime fighting initiatives, a few 2,000 footers would be nice, and a whole bunch of other stuff that would make Chicago great.

So how do we get the $100 Billion or so we would need? Sell the shit out of everything for advertisements, or direct ownership.


Here goes nothing..

First, all highways..
Eisenhower expressway -> the Walgreens freeway, for $500 million dollars naming rights
Stevenson -> the Allstate highway, another $500 million, cha ching

and so on and name the hell out of every major road and you've got $10 Billion right there..

Next.. CTA and metra lines. They can keep their colors so people don't get confused, but name the hell out of them, I don't care what they're called, as long as they go fast than 20 mph and are competitve with cars..

Blue line -> United Airlines line, for $250 million
Red line -> US Cellular line.. and so on

Next, counties, that's right, I have no personal reverance for Cook County or any artificial division of our metro area..

Welcome to... Exelon County, and Dupage can be called McDonalds county because I equally loathe both entities.

O'Hare.. yeah I know this is pushing it, but it's named after some random WWII Pilot who shot down some germans, hell if I care.. Call it Chicago Boeing International Airport for $1 billion for the next 50 years, best advertisement Boeing could ever buy considering their product.


OK you guys get my drift, let's try to add on to this list, and soon we can get our $100 billion.. Of course republicans could stop starting wars and murdering people and we'd have some, but we all know that's a lost cause.

Anyone have Daley's and Blago's number? I really think this is the last chance for this broke ass state.

People might resist change, as all people do, but eventually we'll get used to it, it's all a name.. our most iconic tower is named after the lamest department store in the world, and it doesn't change the fact that the Sears Tower is the most bad ass thing on Earth.

>

0 comments: