Thursday, April 12, 2007

visiting chicago in october.what are THE must do places and sites?

Sorry if this kind of question gets asked here all the time. I have looked back over the last few pages but there doesnÂ't seem to be any recent info for visitors to Chicago.

I will be visiting the windy city for three days on the 22nd of this month. This whole trip is a last minute thing for me and consequently IÂ've not had much time (yet) to research the things to see and do in the city. This (I hope) is something you kind people can help me with.

Me and my girlfriend will be visiting with an American couple. We are flying over from England and they are from Memphis. None of us know Chicago so any advice you offer will be appreciated. Some of the things IÂ'd like to know are:

What are the best pizza eateries in the city?
Is it best to go up Sears at night or day and what are the opening times?
Is the John Hancock tower open to the public?
What is there to do on the pier?
Are there boat trips on the lake this time of year?
What are the best bars and places to eat in the city?
Is it very cold/windy in October?

I would especially like to know the best bars and restaurants as weÂ'll need to places to visit at night. The four of us are all around 30years of age and we like the subdued lighting type of places. We have all spent years as students and we like that kind of scene – alternative music but not too loud. We donÂ't like mega expensive, flashy places, but anywhere that has a Â"cool edgeÂ" to it will do.

Also, what are the things to do that are Â"off the beaten trackÂ" so to speak. I would like to know about ChicagoÂ's secrets if you will. Any unusual suggestions will be gladly taken on board.

Thanks in advance and I will post the best pictures I take here when I return. >

0 comments: