Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Top 10 Chicago sports moments

I was reading Sports Illustrated today, and they had "The Best of 2005". One of the articles was about Paul Konerko, so I got to thinking about the World Series, and I remembered the day after I was watching Sports Center. Instead of the usual "Top 10 Plays", they had Top 10 Chicago Sports Moments. Anyways, being as East Coast biased as they are and not knowing jack about Chicago, they totally f**ked it up.

So, what so you consider the Top 10 moments in Chicago sports history? You don't have to be objective or anything, its all opinion. Like someone who lived here in '61 would probably have the Blackhawks Stanley Cup, but since I wasn't born for another 28 yrs. I won't have it. Here's mine (they're all championships, naturally):

10- 1906 World Series Sox over Cubs in 6 games (not relevant today, but important b/c only time both Chicago teams were in it)
9- Chicago Fire win it all in their first year (1998)
8- Bulls 2nd title
7- Bulls 5th title
6- Bulls 6th title
5- Bulls 3rd title
4- Bulls 1st title
3- 2005 White Sox World Series
2- Bulls 4th title (best record in history)
1- '85 Bears win Super Bowl XX>

0 comments: