Monday, April 30, 2007

City Corruption

I know this isn't exactly skyscrapers....

but it is, nonetheless, an urban issue.


I had an unfortunate experience today where my car was towed. I had to pay a rather outrageous amount of money to get it back. I just wonder... is this common to cities? It the City of Chicago just strapped for cash and finding "clever" new ways to find it? Is it likely that my money will actually go towards something useful?

When I was at the autopound today, I have to say, it seemed like an industry. The customers just kept coming in... except... well, the customer wasn't always right...


I think it just presents an interesting contrast. You can walk down the glorious Michigan Avenue with its green trash cans and flower pots and be totally oblivious to this gritty underworld that lurks beneath the concrete on Lower Wacker.... (that's where the autopound was)


Well, this post was mostly a rant on an unfortunate day.

And now... >

0 comments: