Sunday, April 22, 2007

Best Chicago Bank? Bank Wars.

Since moving back to the midwest I noticed that several banks followed close on my heels from the west coast in 2003,
Bank of America, Washington Mutual, and soon after leaving my west coast bank for Bank One that was swallowed up by Chase.
And the local banks have also been building up local branches like gangbusters to make sure they arent losing out to the large national chains, which also includes Fifth Third,
I think the largest Chicago based bank is Lasalle,

My question is, what is the best bank to support?
Im against national chains in general because they dont help out the little guy and many times dont take chances especially with backing mortgages.
I want to support chicago and not a multinational/ transnational conglomerate of nothingness. I abhor chains and hate how the landscape looks with the crazy proliferation of bank branches in chicago.

I was thinking of switching from Chase to Lasalle or Harris bank, I know there are smaller chains in neigborhoods as well,
Just wondering what your thoughts on the subject were.>

0 comments: