Thursday, May 3, 2007

Renaming buildings,

Im sure this has been covered before but Ive been following this forum for awhile, (maybe six months) and havent seen it covered.

I just cringe when people mention the Aon center, I guess as a kid I always knew it as the standard oil building and it doesnt seem right that people call it by a different name just because its changed tenants or owners.
I suppose its a more unique name, as there are other standard oil buildings but it just seems so fake, sure its not like renaming the sears tower, which would never happen, Im just think that the aon center is pretty close to the brink of WTF, as far as renaming buildings go, personally I think its a gay name for a company. Its something that was brainstormed at some branding meeting or something, its a fake made up name and I will never point out the structure and tell someone oh yeah thats the aon center. Its like renaming the prudential builiding.

Just wondering what everyone else thought.>

0 comments: