Sunday, April 29, 2007

Removal of Expressway: The effect on neighborhoods

First new thread, I made up like in 9 months.
I was thinking about expressway that leads to sprawl and I know how forumers hate sprawl and love rapid transportation.
I am wondering if there are removals of expressways(including Chinatown feeder, Ohio feede, LSD, etc) in Chicago(land), which one will be the most effective, least effective, postive or negative in terms of moving people around and neighborhoods.

If the expressways are removed, what is it replace by? New neighborhoods, strip malls, boulevards, parks, a ground-level rapid transportation, a wall, etc?

Since it is getting late, one of my ideas was to remove the Eisenhower and replace it with a real Congress Parkway with the Blueline as a subway to rejoin the city. I think removal of the Eisenhower is the most effective in Chicago compare to the others.>

0 comments: