Monday, April 23, 2007

I spent 30 minutes in Chicago yesterday!

No, and I'm not talking about OHare airport. I am on vacation and had a 3 hour layover at OHare on my way to St Louis. I daringly took the blue line to downtown Chicago. Knowing that the clock was ticking (and the huge risk of missing my flight that I was taking), I walked around briskly, west to Wells St. and up to Wacker, then east back to State. I then walked to Millennium park and briefly walked to Lakeshore East. I then hurried back, got on the 'L, and made it back to Ohare. Everything turned out okay.

Was it crazy? Sure. But then, I'm a bit crazy about Chicago, and I rarely ever get to be there. Not 1,000 of the best pictures by anyone comes within even a mile of the effect the city actually has on you in person. To the average pedestrian, just the scale of the city, esp downtown, is awe-inspiring. It was probably a bit of a silly venture that I took yesterday but it was TOTALLY worth it.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

PS: BTW, I really like the Clark/Lake parking garage. You can't even tell, plus it's loaded with ground-level retail>

0 comments: